- ABOUT US
Croatian National Tourist Board is a national tourism organization which, based on the Act on Tourist Boards and the Promotion of Croatian Tourism, was founded with the aim of creating and promoting the identity and reputation of Croatian tourism in the country and the world. The activities of CNTB include planning and implementing a promotional strategy, proposing and implementing promotional activities that are of common interest to all entities in tourism, and raising the quality level of Croatia's entire tourist offer.
CNTB processes personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject, taking account of that the data are processed exclusively in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTROLLER
The controller responsible for processing your personal data is:
Croatian National Tourist Board
Iblerov trg 10/IV, Zagreb, Croatia,
VAT No. (OIB): 72501368180
- CONTACT AND DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- by mail, to the address Iblerov trg 10/IV., Attn. Data Protection Officer
- by e-mail to the address [email protected]
- LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSE OF DATA COLLECTION
CNTB collects and processes your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- law and contractual relations,
- legitimate interest
and only if, and to the extent that, one of the following conditions has been met:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations of CNTB; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
In reference to visitors of the website, CNTB wishes to point out that, in order to ensure the correct operation of the website, cookies (small data files) are used that are stored on the computer or mobile device when visiting the website for the purpose of storing setting preferences in respect of the display of the website.
Purposes of data processing
- taking steps according to your request before concluding a contract (e.g. answering your questions and comments, communicating, processing an open application or job application),
- execution of the contract to which you are a contracting party,
- when doing business with the CNTB as a business partner/associate,
- employment in the CNTB,
- cooperation at business events organized or co-organized by the CNTB, keeping records of participants in these business events and sharing contact information between participants,
- keeping records of those interested in study and other trips,
- participation in web based activities of CNTB on the Internet, including our social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram),
- sending newsletters,
- for future interactions and communication,
- ensuring access to information,
- answering questions or solving requests and/or general inquiries related to the work and business relationship with CNTB,
- investigating suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, third party rights,
- for providing special menus at the event,
- any other purpose for which we have requested your express written consent at that time.
In the event that you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you can in any case withdraw your consent, in which case CNTB will no longer process your personal data for the specified purpose.
- WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS AND IN WHAT WAY
CNTB collects and processes personal data (e.g. information that can directly or indirectly identify you, especially by means of identifiers such as name, surname, academic title, professional title, personal identification number, date of birth, address, telephone, e-mail, company in which you are employed, location data, IP address ("Personal data"):
- when you are our partner/associate,
- when you contact us by mail or e-mail, in order to answer your inquiry,
- by applying to the online form for participation in business events,
- when we process your application or job application,
- when we process data in accordance with our obligations prescribed by law.
Also, depending on the purpose for which we process your data from time to time, we need to process certain data that will, depending on the individual case, generally be as follows:
- data related to your identity (for example, first and last name, country of origin),
- contact information that you provide to us (for example, address, e-mail address, telephone number),
- usage data (data about how and in what way you use our website),
- information on possible food intolerance, which may be provided voluntarily,
- information about your preferences.
The data we collect and process about you depends on your relationship with us and the reasons for our communication and cooperation.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We undertake to keep your personal information confidential and ensure the exercise of your rights. With that in mind, at any time, you are free to contact us with a request for access to all personal data, to request correction of data, deletion of data, restriction of processing, transfer, and raise objection.
You can exercise your rights simply by informing us about the reason for your request and the right you want to exercise:
- via e-mail to [email protected], or
- by sending a request to the address of the Croatian National Tourist Board, Iblerov trg 10/IV, Zagreb, Croatia.
We may refuse a request if we cannot confirm your identity as the owner of personal data or if there are other legal restrictions. In the event that we cannot identify you through the collected data, we will request a partial copy of your personal document through which we can identify you.
In particular, and regardless of the purpose or legal basis we use to process your data, you have the following rights:
ACCESS. You have the right to access your personal data and to be informed about which data is processed and how, for what purpose and for what period. We provide you with the ability to view your personal information or to request a copy of your personal information.
CORRECTION. You have the right to request the correction or addition of your personal data if the collected data that you have given us and that we have collected is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. In any case, please note that at the moment you actively make your information available to us through any process, you warrant that it is true and accurate and undertake to notify us of any changes.
DELETION. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data when the data is no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, when you submit a justified complaint or your personal data is processed illegally.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, which includes that in certain cases you can request from us the temporary suspension of data processing or the retention of your data for longer than necessary. You can ask us to restrict data processing, for example, when deletion, correction or objection regarding your personal data is pending and/or when we do not have a valid basis for processing your data and you want us to keep it. When processing is restricted, your data will be stored and will not be processed further. For example, if you dispute the accuracy of your data, the processing of such data will be restricted until it is ensured that the data is correct.
TRANSFER. You have the right to request the transfer of personal data to another service provider - in practice, this means that you have the right to request that we provide you with all personal data that we process in a machine-readable form or request that we provide it directly to another company.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT. If we process your data on the basis of consent, you are authorized to withdraw the given consent at any time. We will immediately stop processing personal data collected on the basis of this legal basis.
RIGHT TO OBJECT. You have the right to object to the processing of your data by the Croatian National Tourist Board. If we process your data for the purposes of carrying out tasks of public interest or when exercising our authority, or if when processing them we refer to our legitimate interests, you can file an objection against such data processing if there is an interest in protecting your data.
- THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT TO THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of data or your rights, or if you believe that the processing of your personal data is not legal, feel free to contact us. If we fail to resolve your complaint, you have the right to file a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, especially in the EU country where you have your usual place of residence or place of work.
The direct contacts of the Croatian national supervisory authority are:
- SECURITY OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The Croatian National Tourist Board pays special attention to the protection of data and takes the necessary precautions to protect your personal data.
We apply technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data is secure and to protect it from accidental or intentional unauthorized access, loss or alteration. We have ensured that your data can only be accessed by those persons who have a business need for it, exclusively for purposes that are permitted and about which you have been informed, and that these persons are under an obligation to keep your data confidential.
If you suspect any unauthorized use, loss or unauthorized access to your personal data, please notify us.
We are aware that there is no such thing as a completely secure system and that security needs to be constantly improved.
- DATA STORAGE AND DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The processing and retention periods for certain personal data are prescribed by the legislation in force in the Republic of Croatia. In reference to data that we retain on the basis of consent, these data are retained while the purpose for which they were provided exists i.e. for which they are processed, i.e. until consent for the processing of such data is revoked by the data subject.
After the purpose ceases to exist i.e. the retention period expires, we permanently erase the data or anonymise them so that they can no longer be linked to a specific data subject.
- RECIPIENT OF PERSONAL DATA
CNTB reserves the right to share your data with other recipients (third parties) in certain cases, namely:
- to providers of information and communication services in the capacity of processors, who provide support services of IT solutions for CNTB (hosting, IT services, customer support);
- in certain circumstances, we are obliged to submit your data to competent authorities (police, court, audit or other competent authority) based on a request established by law, if this is necessary for the purpose of carrying out a procedure prescribed by law and for the purpose of detecting, preventing or resolving fraud and security or technical difficulties related to the Croatian National Tourist Board or personal data of users for purposes prescribed by law).
We recommend that you seek information about how these service providers handle your personal data.
- CROSS-BORDER DATA FLOWS
When processing your personal data, we may use service providers outside the European Economic Area. For the purposes of service efficiency, some of the authorities may be located in areas outside the European Economic Area, where a level of protection comparable to that in the European Union is not provided. In such cases, we inform you that we transfer your data with appropriate safeguards and always keeping your data, using the most appropriate international data transfer tools.
- INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
CNTB can collect and process anonymous data about access to websites. Such anonymous data is used for internal purposes to improve products and services, as well as to create internal statistics.
For this purpose, the so-called cookies, i.e., text files placed on the user's computer by the Internet server, through which the Internet access service provider (ISP) displays the website, and which collect data about your e-mail address, domain name and the date and time of accessing the pages, are used. Cookies cannot be used to reveal your identity.
Cookies are created when the browser on the user's device loads the visited web destination, which then sends data to the browser and creates a text file (cookie). The browser retrieves and sends a cookie to the server of the website when the user returns to it.
Our pages use technical cookies (mandatory cookies that cannot be turned off) that are necessary for the website to function.
- VERSIONS AND UPDATES