THE CROATIAN NATIONAL TOURIST BOARD (CNTB) is a national tourist organization founded with a view to promoting and creating the identity, and to enhance the reputation of, Croatian tourism. The mission also includes the planning and implementation of a common strategy and the conception of its promotion, proposal and the performance of promotional activities of mutual interest for all subjects in tourism in the country and abroad, as well as raising the overall quality of the whole range of tourist services on offer in the Republic of Croatia.
The most significant tasks of the CNTB are as follows:
- to encompass the total tourist offer of the Republic of Croatia
- structuring and conducting operational market research for the promotion of Croatian tourism
- designing programmes and promotion plans of Croatia's tourist product
- organizing, conducting and implementing all business operations concerning the promotion of the tourist product of the Republic of Croatia
- analysis and appraisement of the purposefulness and efficacy of implemented promotional activities
- establishing a Croatian tourist information system
- performing global and tourist information activities
- providing and coordinating the incentives of all the Tourist Boards, as well as all economic and other tourism subjects which operate either directly or indirectly, in order to improve and promote tourism in Croatia
- establishing tourist representative offices and branch offices in foreign countries, and the organization and supervision of their work
- cooperation with national tourist boards in foreign countries and with specialized international regional tourist organizations
- according to reports received from county tourist boards, CNTB analyzes and evaluates activities by plans and programmes of the established tasks and the roles of the tourist boards' system
- taking necessary measures and planning activities for the development and promotion of tourism in the less developed areas of the Republic of Croatia
The management bodies involved within the CROATIAN NATIONAL TOURIST BOARD are: the Sabor, the Tourist Board, the Auditing Committee, and the President. The duties of the President of the Croatian Tourist Board are undertaken by the Minister for Tourism. Activities are based upon an Annual Work Programme and the Financial Plan, passed by the Assembly. The organization’s revenues issue from the following sources: tourist taxes, membership fees, allocations from the state budget, and other sources. Staff service emanates from the CNTB Head Office, its permanent seat being situated in Zagreb, at Iblerov trg 10/IV, and which performs professional and expert activities with regard to the tasks of the CNTB.